Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Introduction

Over a year ago my partner told me that his children and various members of his family (himself included) were going to be checked for food allergies/sensitivities. That in order to test the waters he was going gluten and dairy free for a few months. My first thought was "What the hell can we eat?" because there was no way I was going to keep eating yogurt, ice cream, and waffles while he pined... The next few months involved quite a learning curve! As well as withdrawal effects for both of us as our bodies got used to not eating some of our favorite things...
Now I can only speak from my experience and would reccommend anyone looking at these recipes to talk with a doctor (etc...) before choosing to go dairy/gluten free. For me it has made a world of difference! Although the first few months were tough I found that my aura migraines disappeared, tension headaches went from 6 to 10 a month to maybe one, tummy troubles dissappeared, and I also lost 70 pounds over the course of a year. In total I have lost 110 pounds but that was also a mixture of cutting back calories, stopping from emotionally eating, getting active, and actively working out.
Anyways, getting back to why I making this blog....my partner and I constantly get asked "What CAN you eat?" so we have decided to make this blog as a list of our meals...
Mainly to prove you can eat amazing, healthy, delicious meals without wheat and dairy... this will involve a mixture of eating out photos and dinners we make at home....to begin with SUSHI a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment